With the outbreaks of coronavirus disease 2019 in North America and around the world, congregations are seeking information about how to adapt their ministries to various circumstances, including the widespread suspension of gatherings for worship and faith formation. Many denominations have posted information related to the health crisis; we advise you to connect with your leadership and local authorities regarding precautions you should take during this rapidly unfolding situation. Some congregations have reached out to Sparkhouse and its parent company, 1517 Media, with permission requests for alternative uses of our resources as they interact remotely.
From March 15 through May 31, 2020, Sparkhouse Digital subscribers and those who have purchased physical copies of Sparkhouse curricula have permission to share videos, learner pages, and music for local use only. We have provided instructions below for how you can make this happen in your context.
If you are a Sparkhouse Digital Subscriber:
- You may add an unlimited number of users to your Sparkhouse Digital account
- My Account – Leaders – Add New Leader
- You may then use the calendaring tool to share content with the new leaders. Leaders will then have to log in to Sparkhouse Digital to gain access to the content. Note: Sparkhouse Digital does not include learner leaflets.
- Alternatively, you may download the materials and upload them to a temporary, password-protected site
- Click here for instructions on how to create a password-protected Dropbox folder
If you have purchased the content in physical form:
- You have temporary expanded permission to duplicate and distribute internally either through physical copies or a temporary, password-protected site. This includes learner leaflets as long as you have purchased physical copies of leaflets for the learners.
- 1517 Media cannot provide assistance with anything outside of our own currently available products (scanning physical copies, duplicating DVDs, Dropbox, Windows/Mac programs, etc.)
- Consult local IT professionals in your area or conduct your own research online
Please Note: This expanded license allows only for the distribution of printed material to your local church community, but not to other churches or organizations. Printed material of story Bibles can be read on a church account’s live stream and shared, including allowing the pictures to be shown directly from the source book (not scanned) on that stream as long as the story name and the name of the Bible are mentioned.
Each of us at Sparkhouse and 1517 Media remains committed to the work of supporting your ministry. If you have any questions about how we can continue to do so during these extraordinary circumstances, please do not hesitate to call us at (877) 702-5551 or contact our sales and service team.
God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. (Psalm 46:1)